Brake pressure drops once car is started. What could cause this?

CLIFFQUIGLEY3
  • 1994 HONDA CIVIC

Hey im having a brake problem on my 1994 honda civic cx. I just bought it, it had a bad cv axle and caliper. Replaced them both and now I have very little brake pressure when I start the car. Before I start the car the pedal feels good and firm from bleeding it and once u start it, it looses alot of pressure. I can still stop but it comes close to hitting the floor by the time it starts to stop. I dont remember if I said abs cv axle or not does that make a difference? Any info would be great

Monday, July 30th, 2012 AT 1:58 PM

Try rebleeding your system or have a pro do it. Make sure master is full when you do this.

Monday, July 30th, 2012 AT 2:10 PM
CLIFFQUIGLEY3

I do all my own work I know how to bleed brakes. Ill do it again and see thanks for the reply.

Monday, July 30th, 2012 AT 3:30 PM
AXIS

Check rear brakes and adjust if required. Too much clearance between the drum and shoes would result in the symptoms you mentioned.

Monday, July 30th, 2012 AT 9:03 PM
MHPAUTOS

If the pedal is dropping under light pedal pressure, you may have a bypassing brake master cylinder, if you hold firm pressure and it stays up look into this as well.

Tuesday, July 31st, 2012 AT 5:15 AM