How do I replace the right front drive axle on a 1994 honda civic
have the same problem?
Monday, February 7th, 2011 AT 3:19 PM
NOTE: Replacement procedures for left and right driveshafts are the same.
1. Raise and support front of vehicle, then remove front wheels.
2. Drain transaxle.
3. Raise locking tab on spindle nut, then remove nut.
4. Remove damper fork, then the cotter pin from lower arm ball joint castle nut and remove nut.
5. Install hex nut on ball joint. Ensure nut is flush with ball joint pin end, or threaded section of ball joint pin might be damaged by ball joint remover.
6. Separate ball joint and lower arm using ball joint remover tool No. 07MAC-SL00100, or equivalent. Be careful not to damage ball joint boot.
7. Pry driveshaft assembly with screwdriver to force set ring at driveshaft end past groove.
8. Pull on inboard joint and remove driveshaft from differential case or bearing support as an assembly. Do not pull on driveshaft, as inboard joint may come apart. Use care when prying out assembly, and pull it straight to avoid damaging differential oil seal or intermediate shaft outer seal.
9. Pull knuckle outward and remove driveshaft outboard joint from front wheel hub using plastic hammer.
10. Reverse procedure to install.