BRAKE LIGHTS STAY ON

• Will2829
  • 1994 Honda Accord

Noticed my brake lights were staying on. Looked at brake light switch and noticed the plastic backing was broke. I unplugged the brake light switch and the lights went out. I was also thinking it was bad so I would just replace it so I took it out. I got a new backing from Honda and they said they doubt the switch was bad. So I just go the backing and put it in and put the old switch back in and now the brake lights won't work at all. I called Honda and got the new brake light switch and put that in as well. And again no brake lights. What could I have done?

Thursday, September 13th, 2012 AT 10:06 PM

• hmac300

Check your fuses first then see if you are getting power in and out of the switch. It may be a bulb burnt out as a coincidence.

Thursday, September 13th, 2012 AT 11:14 PM
  • Will2829

I checked all fuses and they are fine. I even disconnected the battery hoping that it would reset something.

Thursday, September 13th, 2012 AT 11:46 PM
  • hmac300

See I fyouget poser in and out of the switch. Then there is an integerated fuse relay under the left kick panel, seeif power goes in/out of that then there is a brake light failure sensor on left tailight h you have to check all of those.

Thursday, September 13th, 2012 AT 11:57 PM
  • KHLow2008

If you have a test light, check the brake switch connector for battery voltage at the White/Yellow wire. If voltage is available, use a fused jumper to connect this wire with the Green/White and check if the brake lights turn on.

Friday, September 14th, 2012 AT 11:30 AM
  • Will2829

Fuse under the hood was the issue. I didn't know this vehicle had two fuse panels. Thank you

Friday, September 14th, 2012 AT 8:21 PM
  • KHLow2008

Fuse that are supposed to be hot at all times are mostly underhood.

Saturday, September 15th, 2012 AT 8:37 AM