BRAKE LIGHTS STAY ON

1994 Honda Accord

Will2829

September, 13, 2012 AT 10:06 PM

Noticed my brake lights were staying on. Looked at brake light switch and noticed the plastic backing was broke. I unplugged the brake light switch and the lights went out. I was also thinking it was bad so I would just replace it so I took it out. I got a new backing from Honda and they said they doubt the switch was bad. So I just go the backing and put it in and put the old switch back in and now the brake lights won't work at all. I called Honda and got the new brake light switch and put that in as well. And again no brake lights. What could I have done?

hmac300

September, 13, 2012 AT 11:14 PM

Check your fuses first then see if you are getting power in and out of the switch. It may be a bulb burnt out as a coincidence.

Will2829

September, 13, 2012 AT 11:46 PM

I checked all fuses and they are fine. I even disconnected the battery hoping that it would reset something.

hmac300

September, 13, 2012 AT 11:57 PM

See I fyouget poser in and out of the switch. Then there is an integerated fuse relay under the left kick panel, seeif power goes in/out of that then there is a brake light failure sensor on left tailight h you have to check all of those.

September, 14, 2012 AT 11:30 AM

If you have a test light, check the brake switch connector for battery voltage at the White/Yellow wire. If voltage is available, use a fused jumper to connect this wire with the Green/White and check if the brake lights turn on.

Will2829

September, 14, 2012 AT 8:21 PM

Fuse under the hood was the issue. I didn't know this vehicle had two fuse panels. Thank you

September, 15, 2012 AT 8:37 AM

Fuse that are supposed to be hot at all times are mostly underhood.

Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML