I HAVE CODES 42 AND 67

1994 GMC Safari

williamsjfjudy

October, 15, 2012 AT 3:55 AM

94 gmc safari 4.3 liters has codes 42, 67 i've changed ignition control module but transmission shop says I don't have power to the trans and I still have both codes 42, 67 how do fix this whats the problem?

Trouble Codes 42 & 92

Trouble Code 42

saturntech9

October, 15, 2012 AT 4:46 AM

So any idea what they tested?Or what they mean by no power to the transmission?What are the symptoms?

williamsjfjudy

October, 15, 2012 AT 7:52 AM

Nothing wrong with the transmission shifts fine, start engine lights not on for 30 seconds then engine idles down it stumbles then light comes on or when you stop or slow down engine idles down light comes, stays on. Also stumbles when you press the gas pedal then it goes. The tcc solenoid is not getting power but its nothing wrong with the transmission what causes both codes to come up together does the ignition control module power the tcc solenoid.I'm getting codes 42 and 67 together 42 is supposed to be for ignition control module 67 is supposed to be for tcc solenoid but it seems to be neither one.

October, 15, 2012 AT 3:02 PM

Code 42 is a short or open of Ignition Control Mobule circuit and replacing the module would not solve the problem if it is the wiring that is at fault. You need to be checking the wires for shorting or break.

Code 67 is for the TCC solenoid circuit. Diagram shows the schematic. Ensure you have battery voltage and the Tan/Black has continuity to PCM.