1994 GEO PRIZM WHILE DRIVING, THE CAR SPUTTERED AND THE ENGINE STOPPED.

• 2CarPros-Archives
  • 1994 Geo Prizm
  • automatic

1994 Geo Prizm 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 160, 00 miles. While driving, the car sputtered and the engine stopped. There may have been an indication of overheating before it stopped (daughter's car). Spark is good, timing belt is okay, good fuel pressure up to the rail. I think the fuel injectors are not getting a signal. (I checked the fuses) I replaced the fuel filter (was overdue). Cranks over but no sign of trying to start. Any helpful suggestion would be appreciated.

Thursday, January 13th, 2011 AT 12:54 AM

• 2CarPros-Archives

Check the injector pulse with a node light. There are also some relay's that could be bad, or try some sitar in the throttle body, if it runs a few seconds and dies, the fuel pressure or injectors. If it doesn't fire at all, then spark, distributor equipped cars have an ignition module that can go bad. Module is located inside the distributor, believe it or not you can buy a remanufactured distributor w/new ignition module cheaper than the module itself.

Thursday, January 13th, 2011 AT 12:58 AM
  • BMRFIXIT

Do a compression test

Thursday, January 13th, 2011 AT 1:19 AM