Fuel pump wiring

KJT2548
  • 1994 FORD RANGER
Fuel pump replaced no power to it
Friday, March 11th, 2011 AT 3:12 PM

KHLOW2008
Hope the diagram is helpful. Red wire is power supply from PCM power relay. Light Blue/Orange is to Data Link Connector.
+2
Friday, March 11th, 2011 AT 3:42 PM
WRENCHER1
Just a small addition to KHLow2008, make sure you are testing it properly. It only powers for 2 seconds when the key is first turned on and not again until it sees a tach signal from cranking.
+3
Friday, March 11th, 2011 AT 3:49 PM
FWORKMAN
  • 1993 FORD RANGER
Six cylinder two wheel drive manual.

I just recently received the truck listed above it has a 3.0 liter engine. Someone has done not so good work on the vehicle, and I want to get back up to spec. Anyway, I had to replace the fuel pump connector, however the new connector is not color coded with the original harness. It is a 4 pin connector, and I know what each wire is associated with, but, do not know the position. I have asked some friends at the dealership, but, regretfully their manuals do not have the connector diagram, and, the schematic is not helpful. Could you please give me the color code wire position for this connector?
+1
Monday, September 16th, 2019 AT 10:47 AM (Merged)
INTERNETMECHANIC
I found this information (below). As far as the connector, I do not think you can wire it wrong. Whatever color wire is on the outside left of the old connector, place it in the same position on the new connector and so on.

https://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/512072_ranger_fuel_pump_2.jpg

+1
FWORKMAN
Thanks for the reply, but, I have the schematic. The problem lies in the fact that the old connector was gone, and I have no idea what wire went in what position. That is why I am asking for the color code and position they went to.
+3
INTERNETMECHANIC
The wiring diagram gives you the wire color. And the voltage. Pink wire with black tracer is voltage for pump motor. Black wire is ground for pump motor. Yellow wire with white tracer is voltage for sending unit, fuel gauge. Black wire with yellow tracer is ground for sending unit. I will see if I can find a color coded pump connector? I found these wiring colors, below.

https://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/512072_ranger_fuel_pump_wiring_1.jpg

+9
FWORKMAN
Now that information rocks! Is that a picture of the pump for a Ford Ranger? If so, then I could trace the wires from the pump to the connector, yes?

Regardless, you have been more help than any other forums that I have been looking at. Just for information like that you could be a millionaire, and save a lot of people's blood pressure from going up. Thank You very much! :)
-1
INTERNETMECHANIC
That picture came out of a parts book for 1993 Ford Ranger, 3.0 liter engine. I cannot guarantee the picture is correct, that was all I could find.
-1
JKDASA
  • 1993 FORD RANGER
1993 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual

A diode in the fuse box under the hood has gone bad. When I replace the diode with a small jumper wire, the truck starts and runs fine. Otherwise, it will act like its going to start but doesn't, as if it is not getting gas. But when I turn the key, I can hear the fuel pump run.

This part is labeled only 'diode' and has no explanation in the lid of this fuse box or on the part itself. What does this part do? Would leaving the jumper wire in place fry something else? I am having trouble finding this part.
Welcome to the forum, the diode shows to be in the voltage leg that goes to the coil side of pcm power relay. The diode allows voltage to flow in only one direction, toward the relay. Preventing voltage/current spike in the opposite direction toward the pcm. Radioshack may have a diode that will work?
-1
JOHNWMOORE92
  • 1994 FORD RANGER
The wires on fuel pump harness are all wrong. I need a fuel pump wiring harness to match the correct wires. Thank you.
+1
2CEXPT
For what liter engine?
JOHNWMOORE92
The 1994 Ranger has a 4 liter V6
+4
2CEXPT
See below
+1
JOHNWMOORE92
Thank you, this is what I needed.
+1
2CEXPT
You're welcome

Sponsored links