I see coolant coming from engine

GKRAMER
  • 1994 FORD RANGER

Where are the freeze plugs located on a '94 Ranger 4.0 V6? Is there one on the front of the block drivers side hidden by A?C & power steering brkt? I see coolant coming from front, top side of engine but behind brackets so cant locate. Dosent seem to be from water pump but to the rear or it on block

Wednesday, October 19th, 2011 AT 6:13 PM

If its leaking from the front-could be a freeze plug or and intake manifold leak-double check -Your eyes will help us determine what's the problem.

+2
Friday, October 28th, 2011 AT 9:52 PM
IDDIBIDDI

It looks like it is leaking down the engine block on the front, but I do not see any water around manifold of the head. Although, I know that the headgasket has probably blown and needs to come off. If pushing on the gas pedal, white to light blue smoke is coming from the tailpipe which is most likely a blown head gasket. Is it possible that it would be a freeze plug that cost the engine to overheat? Is it worth it to replace the plug and true the head of the engine at 101000 miles? What should I do, take off the head and then how will I know that the block is bad? Iddibiddi

Wednesday, June 7th, 2017 AT 7:28 PM
2CARPROS KEN

Yes a head gasket would be worth it with that many miles in my opinion. I do believe there is a freeze plug There as well.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-is-leaking-coolant

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken

Friday, June 9th, 2017 AT 8:47 PM