CAR DOES NOT STARTS SOMETIMES.....BUT RUNS PERFECTLY AND NO ISSUES....

1994 Ford Falcon

shreyanshbhatt

September, 13, 2012 AT 3:31 AM

It have some trouble with starting coz sometimes (6/10) its not starting for no reason and after some time it starts normally.I think it have some problem with steering lock/ smart lock.

please help.

September, 13, 2012 AT 9:07 AM

The information provided is not sufficient to understand your problem. Can you provide us more details?

Are you able to crank?
Are all dash lights showing with ignition turned on?
Is the Malfunction Indicator light showing?
Do you have factory or aftermarket security system?

shreyanshbhatt

September, 13, 2012 AT 10:36 AM

Thanks for quick response.
Engine does not respond when I try to start it. I mean it does not crank. And malfunction light comes on when ever I try to stat.
All dash lights works perfectly normal.

I think it has got smart lock security system from factory. And that's the root of all issues.

September, 13, 2012 AT 6:00 PM

We don't have any information on your vehicle so I do not know the system used and symptoms do indicate a security issue.

You would need to have it tested and it could be a control unit fault which requires diagnostic equipments to verify. This is not a DIY job so you need professionals wth the correct tools to help you.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test