1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager 3.0 LWhat can I do to stop TRANSMISSION LEAKS?

PLYMOUTH94
  • 1994 CHRYSLER GRAND VOYAGER

What can I do to stop TRANSMISSION LEAKS? I’ve changed my transmission torque converter SEAL and both sides’ axle SEALS every chance I get trying to stop them from leaking (Three times before). I changed them over the weekend again and now that I have “again” the transmission has now started to leak through the gear shift shaft inclusive with the torque converter SEAL and both sides’ axle SEALS. What else can I do need to stop these leaks.

Thursday, February 23rd, 2012 AT 2:17 AM

BILLYMAC

I would replace your shift seal and put a new trans cooler you can get a aftermarket cooler to install. It seems like you have excessive high pressure inside the trans which will cause it to leak everywhere.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Thursday, February 23rd, 2012 AT 2:21 AM
PLYMOUTH94

Thanks I will be trying just that and see how it works out.
Thanks again

Thursday, February 23rd, 2012 AT 4:31 AM
PLYMOUTH94

Can the oil cooler cut the excessive high pressure inside the transmission or is there a valve that controls just that, just to be certain.

Thursday, February 23rd, 2012 AT 5:33 AM
BILLYMAC

Well there are places inside the transmission ports and servos that require high pressure if a seal blows these can cause high pressure inside the non pressure areas. But you would have other problems aswell. The cooler is just a possibility the other possibility is worn parts causing external leaks.

This is not a common problem so there will be no common answers troublwshooting and inspection of parts is the only way to fix this problem.

Thursday, February 23rd, 2012 AT 3:35 PM