NO START

1994 Chevrolet Truck

Tlknotts

December, 7, 2011 AT 12:27 AM

My 94 Chevy Dulley, 454 (gas) won't start. It's getting gas because you can smell it, she backfired too! It's acting like it wants to start but seems its not getting the proper spark could it be the distributed cap or rotter, or the ignition control module?

December, 7, 2011 AT 12:37 AM

No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

Jacobandnickolas

December, 7, 2011 AT 12:38 AM

Remove a spark plug and check to see if you are getting a good hot blue snapping spark. Also, check fuel pump pressure and the pressure regulator. The regulator may be allowing too much fuel pressure or not enough to start. Directions for both checks are on our homepage under the DIY section. If you have additional questions, let me know.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test