I HAVE A 94 CHEVY 1500 4X4 AND I CAN'T GET IT TO RUN.

1994 Chevrolet Truck

dcisne10

February, 23, 2012 AT 11:01 PM

Left the truck without using it for 4 years because it wouldn't maintain idle. When it would idle, it would work but wouldn't go faster than 55mph and backfire every once in a while. I recently tried to get it going again and was able to start it but it wasn't running smoothly again. When I floor it revs and sometimes backfires again. It will not idle. I've changed the fuel filter, fuel injector module, spark plugs and cables, rotor, oil change, distributor cap. If you can, help I'd appreciate it. Thanks

DrCranknWrench

February, 24, 2012 AT 1:44 PM

Here is a walk through diagnostic that covers the most likely scenarios in a good order of process of elimination. You might want to check the compression, even though walk through will talk about this, before you spend much money.
So, follow the link for the walk through and read it all the way through before you begin.

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-misfires-or-runs-rough

Replace Your Transfer Case Like a Pro
4X4 Transfer Case Replacement Guide
Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
CV Drive Axle Replacement Nissan Altima