I AM HAVING A HARSH BOUNCING FEELING WHEN TAKING...

1994 Chevrolet Silverado

zdaily

January, 31, 2013 AT 5:18 AM

I am having a harsh bouncing feeling when taking corners that are NOT sharp. The truck is lifted but I have had it for a little over a year. I have checked for play in the tire, air pressure, abnormal tread wear, tread of the offroad tires are at 80%, also tried tightening the lug nuts and nothing. Could this be because my shocks are going bad?

bestop

The shocks could be the problem in that you will need air lift shocks which are much stronger and better for trucks. Have the suspension system of the truck looked at.

hmac300

Whenever you guys lift trucks and dont' put the correct things to correct the steering geometery it screws up the whole system so getting a harsh bumpy feel among other tings like wearing steering component s out excepetionally fast are the results of wha tyou have done with a lift. Have your ball joints checked for wear along with other components. There are many truck sows on tv that cover lifting turcks the correct way so you don't have problems. Air shocks aren[t going to do anything for your bumpy ride. You may also experiencing what is commonly called"death wobble" where tires violently shake unti you almost stop. That is caused by what I just explained.

zdaily

Thank you bestop. The lift had been done correctly and was put on a year ago. The problem just surfaced. My question was Wetherby this would be my shocks going bad.

hmac300

If your shocks are bad any competent mechanic can tell you if you see leakage, etc. Or they bounce more than once when standing still an dputting pressure on say hood then replace them

zdaily

February, 1, 2013 AT 3:33 AM

I have done this and as I said earlier I had an oil leak from my rear differentioal. So the shock is covered with oil already. So im not sure. It is on the back. And its a rocking bounce around turns. I have had it looked at just wanted someone insight if this is a common problem.

Wheel Stud Replacement Chevrolet Cavalier
Safely Changing Your Spare Tire
Replace Tie Rod End