WONT START

• mrkwu
  • 1994 Chevrolet Astro

While I was driving home my dash lights flickerd then the engine shut off and will not crank back up it never did this untill I had my computer replaced

Friday, June 3rd, 2011 AT 7:02 PM

• rasmataz

Do below to determine if its a fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

Friday, June 3rd, 2011 AT 7:05 PM
  • mrkwu

I checked fuse to fuel pump it comes on all fuses are good

Friday, June 3rd, 2011 AT 7:57 PM
  • rasmataz

Check the fuel pressure if its within specs and for injector/s pulses if okay-look for spark-You need to do more other than checking the fuse-

Friday, June 3rd, 2011 AT 8:24 PM
  • mrkwu

How do check fuel pressure on a tbi

Friday, June 3rd, 2011 AT 8:54 PM
  • rasmataz

Go to this link: http://www.howstuffinmycarworks.com/GM_TBI_fuel_pressure.html

Friday, June 3rd, 2011 AT 8:59 PM