NOT START THE FOLLOWING DAY

1993 Volvo 940

davidcal

March, 3, 2012 AT 8:42 PM

I just replaced the battery in my 1993 940 wagon only to have it not start the following day. What could cause this to happen? I had a problem with my fuel pump which I replaced. Drove the car for about a month and one morning the won't start. The engine would barely crank over, thought it was a bad battery, charged it and it started. Drove the car where I needed to go and when I got back into the car it won't start. Thinking the battery was dead, I replaced the battery that afternoon. Got up the next day and the car won't start.

caradiodoc

March, 3, 2012 AT 10:03 PM

Charge or jump-start the battery, then measure the battery voltage. With the engine running, the battery must measure between 13.75 and 14.75 volts. If it is low, the generator is not working.

then go here

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-battery-dead-overnight

Start by measuring that voltage. All you need is a very inexpensive digital voltmeter. Harbor Freight Tools has them on sale all the time for $5.99, and sometimes as low as $2.99. They work just fine.

davidcal

March, 4, 2012 AT 5:04 PM

Thanks alot, that really helped.

caradiodoc

March, 5, 2012 AT 12:01 AM

What did you find?

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement