WHAT CAN BE CAUSING MY CAR NOT TO TURN OVER.

• Batmanmc
  • 1993 Plymouth Acclaim

The car will not turn over, I have replaced the alternator about 2 months ago and just replaced the battery yesterday. When you turn the key the car will not make any noise as far as the starter. The radio, lights ect will come on but will not start? What could be causing my car not to start?

Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 AT 5:25 PM

• rivermikerat

Check for power to the starter and starter solenoid. If both have power, replace the starter. If not, determine why.

Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 AT 5:34 PM
  • Batmanmc

Ok next question where would the starter and starter solenoid be found out on the car?

Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 AT 6:08 PM
  • rivermikerat

The solenoid is mounted on the starter. The starter is a black and silver/grey part that is round and mounted on the side of the engine where it meets the transmission. Follow the big red wire from the battery. It's usually down low, where it can be removed from underneath. I can't find any pictures showing where it is, and I've slept a few times since my last Plymouth Acclaim starter job.

Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 AT 7:20 PM