JERKING AND STALLING

1993 Jeep Cherokee

lenamcswain

June, 29, 2012 AT 9:21 PM

My jeep will randomly jerk and sputter while driving. As well as randomly stall at stop signs and red lights and refuses to crank. After a few min it will start up and drive like a dream. I have replaced the computer, the distributor cap, fuel filter, and the crank shaft sensor. To no avail. It will run fine one min and run like crap the next. I am at loss for where to go next.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

Jacobandnickolas

June, 30, 2012 AT 12:14 AM

Check fuel pressure and check for spark when it doesn't start. If the check engine light is on, have the computer scanned for trouble codes. Most parts stores will do it for free.

kotabish86

July, 1, 2012 AT 2:26 PM

I had a '96 grand that did the same thing it sounds like. Mine ended up being the Crankshaft Positioning Sensor. Pretty cheap part compared to all the time I spent stranded on the side of the road waiting for it to fire up and drive fine for a few days! Lol