JERKING AND STALLING

• lenamcswain
  • 1993 Jeep Cherokee
  • 205 miles

My jeep will randomly jerk and sputter while driving. As well as randomly stall at stop signs and red lights and refuses to crank. After a few min it will start up and drive like a dream. I have replaced the computer, the distributor cap, fuel filter, and the crank shaft sensor. To no avail. It will run fine one min and run like crap the next. I am at loss for where to go next.

Friday, June 29th, 2012 AT 9:21 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

Check fuel pressure and check for spark when it doesn't start. If the check engine light is on, have the computer scanned for trouble codes. Most parts stores will do it for free.

Saturday, June 30th, 2012 AT 12:14 AM
  • kotabish86

I had a '96 grand that did the same thing it sounds like. Mine ended up being the Crankshaft Positioning Sensor. Pretty cheap part compared to all the time I spent stranded on the side of the road waiting for it to fire up and drive fine for a few days! Lol

Sunday, July 1st, 2012 AT 2:26 PM