I drove my Jeep to work in the morning, and it.

TAYLORN7231
  • 1993 JEEP CHEROKEE

I drove my jeep to work in the morning, and it drove just fine. After work when I went out to start it at the end of the day it started just fine on about the 2nd or 3rd crank, and revved a bit high then after about 2-3 seconds it suddenly died. When I start it, if I repeatedly press the gas to the floor it'll stay running, but only for a few extra seconds before it dies.
I replaced the fuel pump, blew out the fuel line(which was full of dirty fuel) and I replaced the fuel filter. After each step it ran a little better but still stalled. I haven't actually checked the pressure on the rail but I did press on the valve, and it just kinda spat out. It didn't spray out like it had 40psi. I also checked the IAC and it did move when the key was turned on, but only a small amount. Any suggestions?

Sunday, November 4th, 2012 AT 12:31 AM

ASEMASTER6371

New pump?

We need the pressure.

The rail is common for collecting dirt and contaminating injectors.

Sunday, November 4th, 2012 AT 2:43 AM
TAYLORN7231

Replied on November 03, 2012

new pump?

We need the pressure.

Yeah, when I was trying to remove the pump to test it, I damaged it and had to replace it. I tested the pressure at the rail, and unless I did something wrong (which I don't think I did) it says there is absolutely no pressure. I know the pump is working, cause I can hear it coming on to prime the system and the car starts for about 2 seconds.

Sunday, November 4th, 2012 AT 4:28 PM