How do I reset the alarm so I can start my car?

SASHANMAN
  • 1993 JAGUAR XJS

I can not start my car. I can not lock or unlock my car. I can unlock my car with my key. AAA came and could not start the car. Battery is good.

Saturday, November 12th, 2011 AT 3:05 AM

FIXITMR

Maybe this will work.
The specific sequence to enable security system programming for 1993 and 1994 XJ6 is:

Ignitition key off
Security switch )in center console) on
Ignition on, position 1
Security switch off
Ignition off
Toggle security switch 5 times.

At this point, you should hear a tone which notifies you that the system is in programing mode and you could program a remote, if you had one. My guess is that you would be able to start the car at this point.

-1
Saturday, November 12th, 2011 AT 4:22 AM
SASHANMAN

Thank you. It worked. The alarm is beeping and will not unlock or lock the car. I can start the car.

-2
Saturday, November 12th, 2011 AT 10:06 PM
FIXITMR

Oops. How many remotes do you have? There are 5 remote learning slots. You must fill all slots even if you dont have 5 remotes. After initial chirp/headlight flash, Press arm/lock you should hear 1 tone. Rock valet 1 time you should hear 2 chirps press arm/lock of same or another remote, hear2 tones, rock valet 1 time, 3 chirps, etc up to 5.

-1
Sunday, November 13th, 2011 AT 12:59 AM
MDELMONEGO

The door handles wet relaced, on the drivers side of my jaguar xj6 1996, I have only a key no remote, and the alarm will not shut off how to turn off, so I can start

Friday, October 28th, 2016 AT 7:35 AM