BOUGHT THE 1993 HONDA CIVIC HATCHBACK CHEAP 975 ...

1993 Honda Civic

hondaeg6

February, 5, 2013 AT 1:43 AM

Bought the 1993 Honda civic hatchback cheap $975 he wanted $2,800 I got it lowered a lot. Well he lived close to the water and after Hurricane Sandy water got on carpet and reached ecu it looks very rusted he sold it to me with a new/used ecu it has a slight puddle under the wires but they seem ok. Will the car be affected badly or can I plug in the new ecu replaced the defective starter and it will run fine?

February, 5, 2013 AT 1:47 AM

Flood cars are nothing but a headache and the problems will get worse as time goes on and connections and parts get rusted.

Can you give it back?

hondaeg6

February, 6, 2013 AT 5:09 AM

No I believe I cant.
I removed the seats and about to pull off the carpet. Theres water trapped underneath. Was planning to take out all the water, clean carpet and reinstall. &Amp; attempt to plug the used ecu. Attempt to jump the car to see if it will run at least. Dont mind finding parting out civics and redoing wiring harnesses. As a ASE certified tech do you believe itll run.

February, 7, 2013 AT 3:03 PM

If water had not gottein into the engine and damaged other sensors, the engine should run if everything is working. Without plugging in the ECU, you can't tell.

Replace PCM Computer