CAR WILL TURN OVER BUT WON'T KEEP RUNNING?

1993 Geo Storm

nate08

October, 6, 2012 AT 12:37 AM

I can hear the fuel pump running, I replaced the fuel filter, it didn't seem to getting any spark but cleaned a bit around the distributor and rotor then it started. Drove down the driveway and it stopped running again. Replaced the distributor rotor, but it still won't run. Ideas? I'm mildly mechanically inclined. Can anyone tell me where the fuel pressure valve is on the fuel rail so I can test the pressure? I can't find it for the life of me.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

DrCranknWrench

October, 6, 2012 AT 12:56 AM

I attached fuel pressure relase procedure. It is simply running without fuel pump relay to release pressure.

I am going to give you a walk though diagnostic as well to help you track down the issue. Rmember that Advance Auto and Auto Zone both pull codes and test electrical components for free. They also loan out test tools.
Just use the link below;

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-stalls

nate08

October, 6, 2012 AT 1:03 AM

The problem is that I don't know which of the relays/fuses go where. There is no diagram showing which is which. Also I did get the code computer machine, but none of their adapters fit to my geo. Could you tell me where the fuel pressure valve is at on the fuel rail? Then I would be able to test that. Or how I can get an adapter to fit my geo for the code retrieval?

DrCranknWrench

October, 6, 2012 AT 10:24 PM

I don't have a fuse/relay diagram as they are fenerally on the inside of the fuse panel cover.
If you go to Advance Auto or Auto Zone, they should have the proper adapter to pull your code.
The test port should look like a schrader valve and had to be on the fuel rail somewhere. There is not a lot of room where it can be.