MY TRUCK RAN FINE THIS MORNING

1993 Chevrolet Truck

Anonymous

February, 1, 2013 AT 12:04 AM

My truck ran fine this morning. After sitting all day at the carpool in 2 degree weather it only started with my foot totally to the floor, and it sounded terrible. Finally it idled fine but it has no power. I dumped some seafoam in the tank to see if things were iced up but it is still the same. When I go to take off it will only go about 10 mph with it floored. Got it home and the manifolds were glowing red. I have heard map sensor, fuel pressure regullator, and control module? I'm sure I will replace all of these any way because they are cheap and easily accessable. Any Ideas?

caradiodoc

February, 1, 2013 AT 12:17 AM

Instead of guessing which model and engine size you have, look for a fuel pressure regulator. If your truck has one, pull the vacuum hose off and see if it's wet inside. If it is, it's leaking and must be replaced. That's pretty common on some GM trucks.

Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right