STALLING WHEN IT WARMS UP?

1993 Chevrolet Suburban

passport

October, 8, 2012 AT 1:08 AM

I have a 1993 suburban stalls when it warms up. I have replaced fuel pump, filter, two new fuel lines and relay. It runs good no miss or anything in that nature. I'll be driving along and it seams like someone pulled the power plug and shuts down.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

October, 8, 2012 AT 1:23 AM

Are you able to restart after it stalls?
Do the dash indicator lights comes on when it stalls?

passport

October, 13, 2012 AT 12:36 AM

It takes about two to three minutes before I can restart and yes the check gauges light comes on. By the way I just replaced the cap and rotor. The cap was bad and the rotor was stuck pretty good. I'm leaning towards an control moduel. Whats your thoughts.

October, 13, 2012 AT 11:43 AM

Control modules would usually trigger some trouble codes. Get a scan done to see if any trouble codes are stored. The link below should be helpful. Guessing don't work, you need to trace the source of the problem.

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-stalls

passport

October, 14, 2012 AT 12:33 AM

This is OBD 1 NOT 2, I can still read the codes with a jumper key or does it need a deeper scan, if not then there is no codes right now. I went ahead and replaced the control module, ignition pick-up coil and coil, still the same results. I had my son turn the key to on and listen for the pump at the tank. The pump took some time to build up pressure, longer than two seconds. The truck would start, run for a minute thhe pump would shut down like someone turned the key off. Do you think it could be the ECM (on board computer)? Keep in mind I just replaced the pump and it has about 1/4 tank of gas thats about 15 gallons it has a 44 gal tank!

October, 14, 2012 AT 12:43 AM

The jumper should be sufficient for now. If the pump is shutting down, you would need to identify whether it is the computer control, a bad relay, cam sensors or even a bad ignition switch.

When it cuts off, are you able to restart?

passport

October, 14, 2012 AT 2:29 PM

I know its not a cam sensor, it does not have one! Relay! Nope, brand new! I guess I will start looking at ignition switch and see if I can get the ECM tested. Thanks. I'll let you know as soon as get some answers.

passport

October, 20, 2012 AT 2:11 AM

I have it fixed! Bad ground wire on the inside on the top part of the sending unit burnt in half due to bad grouding on frame.

October, 20, 2012 AT 12:10 PM

Glad to know the problem is fixed.

Have a great weekend.