1993 CHEVY CORSICA, ACCELERATION PROBLEM AND GAS SMELL FROM UNDER THE HOOD

• mechanicmom
  • 1993 Chevrolet Corsica
  • automatic

Hello, I have a 1993 Chevrolet Corsica, 3.1L V-6 engine, 125c transmission, it's the LT version. My car has no umph at all getting going from a dead-stop or accelerating uphill and I can smell gas coming from under the hood the whole time it is running. Plus when I do get the car rolling and let off the throttle it will continue at the same speed and even start accelerating some. I have been told this problem could be the throttle position sensor. Could it be the TPS, or something else? I just bought this car not to long ago and my husband had to do alot of work to the front suspension already.

Sunday, July 31st, 2011 AT 11:21 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

If you smell fuel, I would say no to the TPS. Check for fuel leaks at the fuel rail, where the injectors attach, and where they mount to the engine. The o-rings can leak on them causing a leak. Any fuel leak can be dangerous. Also, check fuel pump pressure to make sure the fuel pressure regulator is working properly.

Sunday, October 9th, 2011 AT 5:19 AM