CHEVY HEATER

1993 Chevrolet Caprice

Blondie

December, 15, 2010 AT 5:06 PM

My auto's heater doesn't heat! I have flushed the heater's radiator, changed the fuse, everything concerning the system has been cleaned & checked. At times it will heat a little then stops & blows cold air! My wife & myself are disabled & the temperture here is at freezing level. Riding in a car without heat is making ourselves sick but we need to get to our appts. & Elsewhere! Hope you can help. THANKS.

Heater

Wrenchtech

December, 15, 2010 AT 5:57 PM

With the engine at full operating temp, locate the 2 heater hoses where they go into the firewall and feel them to see if they are both too hot to hold. If they are.

The heat in that vehicle is controlled by a blend door that regulates heated air flow. It is operated by a vacuum motor/actuator. The problem can be that the actuator itself could be bad, a problem with the vacuum control head or vacuum supply or the door itself could be damaged. This is what needs to be determined by examining the actuator and see if it is responding to heat change commands or not.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe