ENGINE WOULDN'T START

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood

vince lettau

February, 29, 2012 AT 9:38 PM

I have a 93 Cadillac Fleetwood 5.7l drove the car to six stores the last one wouldn't start how do you tell if it is the fuel pump? Turns over good just not stating, half a tank of gas.

cadieman

February, 29, 2012 AT 9:56 PM

Check the spark. Does it start if you spray the intake?

vince lettau

February, 29, 2012 AT 10:02 PM

Yes it did fire when I used starting fluid.

vince lettau

February, 29, 2012 AT 10:45 PM

So if my 93 cadilac fires when I us starting fluid does that mean its the pump?

cadieman

March, 1, 2012 AT 12:54 AM

Push off and warmer buttons on a/c panel. Write the codes from the fuel data and come back.

vince lettau

March, 1, 2012 AT 2:36 AM

When I push the warmer and off button the code -00 comes on after a few seconds. Is these the code you mean?

cadieman

March, 1, 2012 AT 10:04 PM

This is a fuel problem no codes for that. Check the fuel pump fuse has voltage.I think its a 20 amp. Mini fuse in the relay panel under the r/side dash. Do u here the pump turn on when turn the key on?

vince lettau

March, 2, 2012 AT 1:13 AM

I can hear the pump cycle, builds pressure and shuts off. Fuse checked out to be good. I could feel and here the relay click. This fuse box is under the hood on the passenger side. Still wont start. Charging battery, the going to try putting some gas straight into the carb. Any more ideas?

vince lettau

March, 2, 2012 AT 2:49 AM

Cadieman. I went backout to the garage after you replied on your last answer, so idecided to take the gas lines off the back of the carburetor, both of them, then turn the car over and no gas came out. So does this mean the pump is bad? (Even thow I can hear the pump)vince

cadieman

March, 2, 2012 AT 6:14 PM

It runs when u spray it thats fuel. Your going to have to replace the fuel pump and hoses to the sending unit. You can check for pump voltage to the pump at the connecter in the rear. Use a test light or meter

vince lettau

March, 4, 2012 AT 12:29 AM

I dropped the gas tank on the 1993 cad. Is there a way to check the fuel pump when it is out of the car?

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement