TODAY IT WAS 6 WHEN I STARTED OUT THIS MORNING ...

1993 Buick Century

davejudd

February, 1, 2013 AT 7:00 PM

Today it was -6 when I started out this morning heater worked fine except blowing cold air, around 10: 00 am, the heater went off then came back on for a few seconds then went off and stayed off checked the inside fuse and it was ok tested it and my heater still won't work, is there another fuse or Relay and where is it located at?

No Heat

gmtech

February, 1, 2013 AT 8:44 PM

When it stops working try tapping on the blower motor and see if it starts again. I believe it is under the hood passenger side of firewall. If it starts again you need a blower motor

davejudd

February, 1, 2013 AT 10:38 PM

Ok thank you, if it starts working again I need to replace it, but if it happens after I replace it then what do I do? Espesially if the motor is new or new rebuilt?

gmtech

February, 2, 2013 AT 4:55 AM

By you tapping the motor it loosens it up briefly. The motor should be new not rebuilt but most parts places you get a year warranty

davejudd

February, 5, 2013 AT 5:44 PM

I change the blower motor and still have no heater and when the wires were tested it showed now current present what now?

gmtech

February, 5, 2013 AT 5:48 PM

Try tapping the area again, either you have loose wiring or a bad relay. Stupid question though, if you could test the power at the motor after, why not before.

davejudd

February, 5, 2013 AT 5:55 PM

It was tested before at the factory and I tested the connection before I put it in but was told this is what the problem was so did it anyway when all I am looking for is where is the relay located at? Along with what it looks like?

davejudd

February, 5, 2013 AT 6:18 PM

In short where is the relay located at that would be my next step

gmtech

February, 5, 2013 AT 6:20 PM

It says under the hood at the front of the engine.

davejudd

February, 5, 2013 AT 6:22 PM

Does it give a location and what I am supposed to look for?

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Replace Heater Core
Blend Door Actuator Replacement