I NEED HELP IDENTIFYING A PROBLEM, THAT I BELIEVE TO BE LINKED TO THE TRANSMISSION

1992 Toyota Pickup

Jacob1176

October, 4, 2011 AT 1:56 PM

The truck is a 1992 toyota 4x4 pickup. With a 22RE motor. The truck has been driving fine, however recently the over drive/ drive light keeps on flashing on and off. And the gears continue to switch back and forth once it is at 45 mph or so. Today the truck did like it normally does, however suddenly the transmission seemed like it was starting to slip. I pulled over on the side of the road to look under the hood, and didnt see anything wrong. When I went to drive off with the truck the motor would rev. Up in drive buy it would only barely move. I tried putting the truck in 4x4 and it still wouldnt move. What could be causing this?

Transmission Flare

Transmission Problem

October, 4, 2011 AT 2:03 PM

You have had an internal failure. Check the fluid first but it sounds like a pump or converter issue. Most likely, it will have to be removed and checked out and overhauled.

Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement