TOYOTA COROLLA CRUISE CONTROL AND SHIFT LOCK

• wutsupy
  • 1992 Toyota Corolla
  • automatic

I have an 1992 Toyota Corolla with 262,000 miles, I paid $170 for the car. When I bought it, it needed rears shocks, I replaced those and when I was replacing those I broke the rear brake lines, I replaced those and me and my friend bled the lines when doing this I pumped the brake pedel about 200 times. The bleeding worked but when I was going to put it in reverse with the brake pedel in, it would not shift. So I had to press the override button located on the plastic piece that houses the gear shift. Also the cruise would not work anymore. Im assuming the brake pedel has an sensor that controls when to cut the cruise off so does anyone have any tips, please and thank you.

Monday, January 24th, 2011 AT 12:37 AM

• Wrenchtech

Yes, the brake light switch at the brake pedal controls both. Check your fuses and that switch.

Monday, January 24th, 2011 AT 12:41 AM
  • wutsupy

Would you be able to give me a location on the switch? Its not that I am lazy, well maybe a little but I live in wisconsin and its fricken cold out. Im assuming its right on the pedal?

Monday, January 24th, 2011 AT 12:58 AM
  • Wrenchtech

It's under the dash where it can contact the brake pedal.

Monday, January 24th, 2011 AT 12:59 AM
  • wutsupy

Went through all fuses, I got the horn working the hazards and the shift and cruise all fixed thanks alot.

Thursday, January 27th, 2011 AT 2:17 AM
  • Wrenchtech

Glad to hear you got it resolved.

Thursday, January 27th, 2011 AT 2:19 AM