STARTS WITH NO PROBLEM BUT CUTS OFF UPON SHIFTING

1992 Toyota Celica

mOsArt

June, 22, 2012 AT 12:37 PM

Hi Please HELP!

I have a 92 Toyota GT.2 Door.2.2 liter engine.5 Speed

It has just over 182,000 miles. ENGINE STRONG!

My Car has Been Cutting Off During Acceleration into 2nd Gear.
At first I thought it was my battery post and the Grounded wire which was frayed

I replaced with New.
problem persisted.I bought a new terminal for the Post. After Stopping and Going.
(When Car Cuts off. You can Crank it right up. No Problem. Began to accelerate and Cut off.
Start it. And go. Decide to Press Gas Down and ride the Clutch and Gas While Shifting and
car Stays Cranked but I look like a Rookie Behind the Wheel and will Burn out My Clutch. So.
After I stopped and raised the Hood.I took the Negative Post Off. And Car Shut Off.
Bought a New Alternator. BAM. That's The Problem.
NOT.

4 Days later. Start out the parking lot. Car Cuts off. Same Problems All over again.

I took the Alternator to be checked. Fine.I took the Battery to be Checked and charged. Fine

What Could Cause the Car To Cut Off after I hit 20 + Miles and Up. Between Shifts. It Dies?

I need to Get to My New Job. And It's my only Means of Transportation. Please.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

June, 22, 2012 AT 1:30 PM

Check around the gear shift cable area for wires that could have fallen onto it and have beenbruised. The shifting is making intermittent shorting when wires contacts.

mOsArt

June, 22, 2012 AT 5:01 PM

Thanks.I never wouldve thought that.I'll have it checked out shortly. And I'll be back to confirm or deny. But BIG THANKS!