( 92 TOYOTA CAMRY BEING A*****!

• ttkt44
  • 1992 Toyota Camry
  • automatic

My car is a 92 toyota camry, a week ago I had the driveline replaced as it was a mangled mess! And a few days later I was getting on the freeway when my car suddenly stopped accelerating and I pulled over and it died. When I tried to restart it it would try to turn over, but there was no pressure on the gas pedal. I had it towed home and people have been saying its the fuel pump, fuel filter, and fuel relay switch. That switch in the engine is slow returning somebody said that it could be a spring. I dont have a ton of money and have no way to tow it to a shop as I am a single mom of three. I was hoping that you guys could help me figure out which is the most likely so I could get that replaced. The car was not bucking and snorting, or feeling like it was trying to get gas to the engine, It simply just lost acceleration and the gas would not fire up the engine. It wouldnt even rev. Please help.

Thursday, January 13th, 2011 AT 7:16 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

Check to see if there is enough fuel pump pressure. Go to our homepage under the DIY section and find fuel pressure check. You will need a gauge. Most parts stores will lend you one.

Tuesday, January 25th, 2011 AT 11:26 PM