WINDOW REGULATOR MOTOR
Steps 2) and 3) must be performed once regulator is removed from door. The regulator lift arm is under tension from the counterbalance spring and can cause personal injury if the motor is removed without locking the sector gear in position.
1. Remove window regulator. See WINDOW REGULATOR.
2. Drill hole through regulator sector gear and backplate. Do not drill hole closer than
1/2" (13 mm) to edge of sector gear or backplate.
3. Install bolt and nut to lock sector gear in position.
4. Drill out ends of three rivets using 1/4" drill bit.
5. Remove motor and remaining portions of rivets. See Fig. 30.
1. Install new motor to backplate. See Fig. 30.
2. Install rivet to motor at bottom location using ball peen hammer.
3. Clamp motor to backplate using locking pliers.
4. Remove bolt and nut securing sector gear.
5. Supply power to regulator to gain access for remaining two motor rivets.
6. Install two rivets.
7. Remove locking pliers.
8. Install window regulator. See WINDOW REGULATOR.
1. Install regulator through access hole and attach regulator arm to sash channel.
2. Install electrical connector to motor.
3. Install rivets using 1/4" x 1/2" Peel-type rivets.
4. Install water deflector.
5. Install door trim panel.
Friday, October 19th, 2012 AT 5:27 PM