WHY WILL MY CAR NOT START IN VERY HOT WEATHER?

1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT

Moonviper2002

July, 29, 2012 AT 3:01 AM

Car runs great, however recently when it has been very hot outside, the car won't start, it will start as a low idle then eventually get only the click as it tries. I have replaced all the fuses, the fuel relay and it still happens. I'm not sure what to check, it seems to only happen when it is very hot inside the car.

July, 29, 2012 AT 3:18 AM

Have the battery load tested first.

Check the fuel pressure as well.

July, 29, 2012 AT 9:49 AM

For the low idling, check the ISC and throttle body. Clean them and retest.

For the clicking, apart from the battery conditions, check the wiring connections and condition.

Moonviper2002

July, 31, 2012 AT 3:02 PM

Battery is good, the clicking is from the starter, it will almost start, low idle then die, then turn over and die, then attempt to turn over, then if I keep attempting you'll only hear the starter. It seems like its getting zero fuel, and it only does it when its been sitting in the sun or in very hot weather, I can run the car for 200+ miles and be fine as long as it stays cool inside the car, but as soon as the inside gets hot as hell, thats when the problems start happening. Fuel pressure is good as well. If it is the throttle body wouldnt it be a constant problem?

July, 31, 2012 AT 3:23 PM

Does applying some throttle pressure gets the engine started?

The throttle body and ISC would act up when operating temperature increases. They can cause excessive low idling and would start and stall unless accelerator pressure is applied.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test