OVERHEATING ISSUE

1992 Honda Accord

steveal01

May, 18, 2012 AT 4:51 PM

Installed new headgasket, had head cleaned, resurfaced and tested, installed new water pump and timing belts, thermostat and few hoses, bled system, ran car with no leaks, timed car to 15 degrees and is overheating. Have no clue what could be causing this other than possible stuck thermostat but seems to be good.

hmac300

May, 18, 2012 AT 4:58 PM

After engien gets hot, disconnect fans so they won't run an dput hand in several spots on radiator. If you feel any cold spots then rad is no good. It should be warm/hot all over. Other longshot possibilities are head gasket installed wrong or thermostat upside down. But normally the rad is bad also check rad cap pressure it may not be holding what it is supposed to.

steveal01

May, 18, 2012 AT 5:18 PM

I installed the headgasket with the additional whole on top of the oil pressure switch on the block, which is correct right? I hope its the radiator because it's a pain to pull all that out again. Funny thing is that I had done the exact same thing on two exact cars (other than one being a 91) and the reults are with similar issues. Oh boy.

steveal01

May, 19, 2012 AT 4:21 AM

Discovered the Top hose hot and lower is cool. Some cracks in the exhaust manifold smoke out and look wet. The fluid just seems to sit still no going in or out in radiator. It takes about 5 min to heat up.

mhpautos

May, 19, 2012 AT 9:36 AM

No flow. Check thermostat, air in system, and possible blocked radiator.

Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer