Engine Overheating

LONESTUKSTAR
  • 1992 FORD F-250
My Ford F250 with 7.3 l engine keeps overheating, I have flushed the radiator, changed the thermostat, replaced the fan clutch and it still overheats. Help!
Friday, May 13th, 2011 AT 7:04 PM

Flushed?---Professionally taken apart--rodded--99% build-up gone. Or added some auto parts stuff in it and drained and rinsed it?

How 'bout SQUISHY radiator hoses sucking flat due to water pump action.I, always get the ones with springs in 'em---or I put my old spring in the new one.I don't care what they say.I care more about my stuff than they do!

Thermostat installed right, The right one (did you double check the parts feller), and not installed upside down?

Running coolant-mixed 50/50---70/30. Mixed outside the vehicle, always the right mix. Instead of pouring it in and guessing?

Good airflow through it? No bugs, grass-election signs in front of it?

I always include this one---even though it is seldom the problem. Mr. Water pump?

This one too----You can buy and install. NEW BAD PARTS! Makes you chase your tail!

One more dumb one!--Is the belt there?

I saw (in a shop) Feller had Quick overheating problem---The mechanics had no clue what was wrong. Till "HE" showed up. Talkin' 'bout "The Man". Mechanic, I really look up to! Immediately, he noticed the feller somehow misrouted his serpentine belt (and it actually fit!). Problem was: The water pump was turning backwards!

Your Turn

The Medic
+1
Saturday, May 14th, 2011 AT 3:18 AM