HEY GUYS

1992 Ford F-150

Country355

October, 16, 2012 AT 9:45 PM

Hey guys. My name is Brent. I have a 1992 Ford F150 with a 5.8 L V8. I parked it one night and it was running fine. Went back out to crank it the next day and it had a skip in it. So I figured it was about time for a tune up anyway it wouldn't be a big deal. But like on most things I was wrong. I have replaced the spark plugs, wires, fuel injectors. And done a dry compression test on it. All the cylinders read about 100-105 psi. I have checked the wires and plugs by pulling them one by one while the motor was running. None of them made a noticable difference in the engine. Still had a skip. Used a spark plug tester on the wires and on the distributor by connecting the tester to the distributor with a piece of vaccum tubing. They all get a good spark. All spark plugs except for the number two cylinder plug looks fine except this one. It stays wet and smells like fuel. What could be doing this and making it skip on just this cylinder?

hmac300

October, 16, 2012 AT 10:37 PM

If the plug stays wet then it's eitehr low on compression or the plug or plug wire is bad. Wires should have about 5000 ohms per foot so check that and the compression if the compression is 20% lower than you have a cylinder problem. Also check for a vacuum leak and hoses off as this cold cause it as well.

Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8