SPARK PLUG CHANGE ON

2007 Ford F-150

JohnnyGQ

December, 31, 2010 AT 11:58 PM

I was wondering if there is anything special I should do or be aware of before I change the spark plugs on my 2007 Ford F-150 (5.4L/V8)/

Wrenchtech

January, 1, 2011 AT 12:28 AM

Just be very careful removing them. This engine has a history of spark plugs breaking off in the cylinders. They also have a history of spark plugs coming loose and destroying the threads so make sure they are torqued properly.

Wrenchtech

January, 1, 2011 AT 12:30 AM

Be aware that this is no easy task on this engine. The flat rate to do it is about 3 hours and it's no picnic. Be sure not to drop any of the screws that hold the coils in.

Randico

April, 21, 2014 AT 8:00 PM

There is a lot of method to this some say do this with a cold engine, other say warmed engine, (if this is the Triton engine) If you have the tool to remove a broken sparkplug from the cylinder head you can choose any way you want to do it warm or cold. Experience say do it warm and have a can of carborator cleaner or WD40. And do one bank at a time. Loosen out the sparkplug add the carbutator cleaner or WD40 and let it soak as you loosen out the next. Do this till you complete one side of the bank by this time you can start the engine let it warm up and do the next side. Make doing this a picnic

Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8