ENGINE RUNS ABOUT 2 TO 3 MILES AND DIES

1992 Ford Bronco

charris606

September, 9, 2012 AT 4:41 PM

I have a 1992 ford bronco with a 5.0 Just put a new battery and fuel pump in it. When dies it has to cool down before it'll crank and its still hard to crank.
Just put brand new fuel pump and battery.

September, 9, 2012 AT 4:48 PM

Check the charging and alternator.
Ensure the battery connections to the starter and ground circuits are secure.
Are you able to restart with a jump start when it stalls?
Check for trouble codes.

charris606

September, 9, 2012 AT 5:05 PM

Engine turns over battery and starter is good connections are good and no can't start with a jumb start. Something stopping it from starting. Believe it might be a censor just don't know what censor it turns over like it wants to start is there a censor would stop it from starting?

September, 9, 2012 AT 5:33 PM

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Go through the above link. You need to find out what is missing. It could be a failed fuel pump etc.

Hegopi

October, 3, 2012 AT 3:21 AM

There are two fuel pumps in your Ford Bronco; one is the high pressure one located under the driver seat; the other one is a low pressure pump located inside the fuel tank- If you changed only the high pressure one, the problem may very well be the other one. It happened to me some time ago and I wrongfully changed the high pressure twice. It was doing exactly as you describe, would stop running when getting warmed up and could restart after cooling down. Hope it helps

Engine Class - Autoshop 101
Air Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma V6
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Chevrolet
Engine Oil Change and Filter