CAR HAS HIGH RPMS AND IDLES ROUGH

1992 Eagle Talon

Jaxter

October, 27, 2011 AT 7:06 AM

I have a Turbo tsi AWD 2.0 automatic
It has a very loud vibration noise, almost like a knocking, but not an engine knock, hard to describe. Sounds like it's coming from the drivers side, by the Generator Drive Belt or Timing belt. RPM's at 2000+ in park. When in drive it has a rough idle, like a misfire, mainly when stopped, and RPM's fluctuate between 800-1200, as does the turbo. Noise is worse when accelerating and driving. Also, when in reverse, RPMs are normal and noise stops. It comes and goes, sometimes it is worse then other times. Notice it effects acccelleration. It was running quiet and smooth when I bought it, drove it a few times, then about an hour drive on the highway my A/C cut out and the problem started. Been getting worse the past three weeks. I have a hole in what I beleive to be my AC line, from the alternator screw that came loose. Don't know if that has anything to do with the problem.

Running Rough

Idles Rough/changed Ects

hmac300

October, 27, 2011 AT 2:02 PM

The screw probably h as worn a hole in teh z/c lie causing it to stop working. For the other problems this should really be looked at physically to get a betterperspective of what's going on.