Why is my car dying?

VOFIELDER
  • 1992 DODGE SHADOW

I have a '92 dodge shadow, I replaced the radiator a couple of months ago, but it didn't fix my problem. I can drive for about fifteen minutes, less when it's hotter out, then it will die. It doesn't die 100% though, I can hit the gas and the engine still sounds like it's running, but it doesn't register with any of the instruments. Then it won't start up for another ten-fifteen minutes. I don't really know what it could be, help is appreciated!

Monday, May 14th, 2012 AT 1:05 AM

ASEMASTER6371

Check fuel pressure. Check spark too, the distributor pick up is a common issue.

Check compression as well.

Why did you replace the radiator? Did someone tell you it would help or another issue

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Monday, May 14th, 2012 AT 1:11 AM
VOFIELDER

I replaced the radiator because it was leaking and it got pretty hot a few times but never truly overheated.

I replaced the spark plugs and distributor cap last november. It was kind of doing the same thing when I did those, could it be the same issue?

Monday, May 14th, 2012 AT 1:27 AM
ASEMASTER6371

Could be but I cant tell from your info. Check the pick up in the distributor.

Monday, May 14th, 2012 AT 1:30 AM