Fuse box locations?

MDCAUT@YAHOO.COM
  • 1992 DODGE DAKOTA
I need to see the fuse panel diagrams can you please get them for me?
Thursday, December 2nd, 2010 AT 3:05 PM

DR LOOT

Here is a guide to help you test the uses and the fuse panel locations and diagrams below.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Fuse Identification
1 - 30 Amp (Green) - A/C Or Heater Blower Motor
2 - 30 Amp (Circuit Breaker) - Power Windows
3 - 10 Amp (Red) (1992-93) - Back-Up Lights, A/C Electronic Cycling Switch 15 Amp (Lt Blue) (1994-96) - Back-Up Lights, Airbag Module, Overhead Console
4 - Not Used (1992) - 5 Amp (Tan) (1993-96) - ABS Brake System
5 - 20 Amp (Yellow) - Power Door Locks
6 - 15 Amp (Lt. Blue) - Horn, Tachometer
7 - 10 Amp (Red) - Anti-Lock Brake Module, Stoplights, Buzzers
8 - 20 Amp (Yellow) - Taillights, Park, Side Marker Lights, Clock & Radio Display Intensity, License & Panel Lights
9 - 15 Amp (Lt. Blue) - Cigarette Lighter
10 - 20 Amp (Yellow) - Windshield Washers & Wipers
11 - 20 Amp (Yellow) - Turn Signals, Rear Wheel Anti-Lock Module
12 - 10 Amp (Red) - Radio
13 - 4 Amp (Pink) - Cluster Lights, A/C & Heater Controls, Cigarette Lighter Light & Ash Receiver Light, Radio Lights & Overdrive Switch Light
14 - Not Used (1992-93) 15 Amp (Lt. Blue) (1994-96) - Airbag Module, Speedometer, Guages, Telltales
15 - 2 Amp (Gray) - Speed Control
16 - 5 Amp (Tan) (1992-93) - Gauges & Indicator Lights: Low Oil Light, Low Washer Light, Service Reminder Light, Transmission Oil Light, Brake Warning Light, Anti-Lock Brake Warning Light, Fuel Pacer Light, 4WD Indicator Light, Malfunction Indicator Light, Warning Buzzer, Overdrive Switch 5 Amp (Tan) (1994-96) - Transmission Oil Temperature Lamp, 4WD Lamp, Overdrive Module Seat Belt Warning Buzzer.
17 - (Blank)
18 - (Blank)
19 - (Blank)
20 - Not Used (1992-93) 25 Amp (Natural) (1994-96) - Fog Lamps and Off Road Lamps
21 - Turn Signal Flasher
22 - Time-Delay Relay
23 - Horn Relay
24 - Hazard Flasher
25 - Warning Buzzer
26 - Not Used (1992) - ABS Light Relay (1993-96)

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers
Thursday, December 2nd, 2010 AT 5:59 PM
ERKMAN34
  • 1992 DODGE DAKOTA
When I turn the ignition key into the on position the fuse box under the hood on the drivers side makes a clicking noise. The truck will not start until the clicking noise stops. On colder days I have to wait for over twenty minutes for the clicking noise to stop. Anyone know whats going on here? Thanks.
Monday, October 22nd, 2018 AT 9:00 PM (Merged)
It sounds like a bad relay. If you feel the top of the relays, you should be able to feel the clicking. Try replacing that relay. You should be able to switch it out with another one from the box. Just make sure the part number is the same.

Let me know if you have questions.

ERKMAN34
Yes, I can feel the clicking noise when I put my finger on the auto shut down relay and the fuel pump relay. When I pull both of them out the noise stops. I have switched the relays around (all have same part number) and still the clicking noise was still happening. I also bought new relays and still nothing, the fuse box still makes the clicking noise. I live in Massachusetts, so now the truck will not start at all because it is so cold. The fuse box still starts to click but it will not stop now because it is so cold.
Any other ideas? Thanks.
+1
RAMORRIS5420
I am having the exact same problem with my 1995 Jeep Wrangler. If you have found out any new information please post it.
-1
FIXTHISPILE
Having the same issue! Any luck in a fix? Year same exact problem. Thanks anyone for response.
MORENORAY
  • 1992 DODGE DAKOTA
1992 Dodge Dakota V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

makes a clicking sound from fuse box under hood try to change fuses but did not work please help
Welcome to the forum. Are there any driveability issues? I need more info.
MORENORAY
It clicks for about 15 minutes then it kicks in it sounds like a fuel pump under the hood. Then it starts
Your saying, there is no starter action, when you first turn the key, to start position? I'm just trying to figure out if it cranks good and won't start, or it won't even crank?
+1
MORENORAY
The truck turns over fine. The fuel pump in the tank runs but it wont get fuel to engine until the clicking stops
+1
I found a picture of your relay box. By placing your hand on the suspect relay, maybe you can feel the vibrations when it is clicking, to pinpoint which relay. If there are multiple relays, sometimes, they are the same and you can swap relays. I can't see your relays from here, you have to decide if they are the same. If the problem is the wiring circuit to the relay, swapping won't help anything.

Did you check for trouble codes?
+1
MORENORAY
Good morning.I did check for trouble codes got a bad o2 sensor.I also changed relays. Could it be a bad brain
It could be about anything. Which relay is doing the clicking? If that is a heated 02 sensor, unplug it, see if it helps.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_dakota_relays_1.jpg

+1
MORENORAY
Auto shutdown and fuel relay are clicking. Unpluged o2 sensor still nothing
I'd have to check the circuits for the coil side of relay, voltage and ground, your intermittently losing one or the other, not sure why?
LMSERRE
  • 1992 DODGE DAKOTA
1992 Dodge Dakota

I am having a problem starting my dakota. It turns over but seems like no power going to the ignition system. I am also getting that clicking sound in my relay box. Switched some relays around but one day it will start and another day it wont. Any advice?
Monday, October 22nd, 2018 AT 9:01 PM (Merged)
When it doesn't start, does the starter work?
LMSERRE
Yes, the starter turns over. The engine just does not fire. After a while, I hear a click under the hood somewhere and then when I turn the key the truck fires up right away.
BRENDABOOM
  • 1993 DODGE DAKOTA
The truck wont get fire or fuel. Replaced cam and crank sensor computer and fuel pump and coil. Guess what? I found the problem! Wish it was before I spent 600 dollars on parts. 3 red wires with a white stripe under the relay box on inner fender wall were corroded and not getting contact. Fixed it for 1.50 for an electrical connector! Hope this helps