MY CAR WAS RUNNING JUST FINE WHEN ALL OF A ...

1992 Chevrolet Lumina

Anonymous

October, 22, 2012 AT 1:27 AM

My car was running just fine when all of a sudden after I tried to pass a car on the hiway it made like a loud pop and died out, so I had to pull over to the side of the road and it didnt start, it would turn like if it was out of gas but nothing. Can some one tell me wat it is please?

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

October, 22, 2012 AT 1:33 AM

Cant say without seeing it but it sounds like internal engine failure.

Pilotbill

October, 29, 2012 AT 2:47 PM

My 1991 Chevy Lumina made a loud pop one morning when I tried to start it. Come to find out from a friend next door that the timing chain had broke. After taking the engine apart, I found out that when the timing chain broke that it also bent all the valves. This will cost some money to fix the timing chain and the valves, plus the pistons, if the valves hit them and broke any of them. A new engine is going to cost anywhere from $1500.00 to $1700.00 if you replace the engine yourself. If you have to pay someone to do it for you, it is really going to cost you. You need to ask yourself this, do I want to have the car fixed or do I want to buy another car.