1992 Cadillac Deville

SEAN03
  • 1992 CADILLAC DEVILLE

I took my 1992 cadillac deville for a test drive because I got my new wheel cylinders yesterday. I bleed them yesterday. I took it out a few moinutes ago and the brakes did fine until I came back the brake pedal kept getting stuck to the floor. I glanced down and why temperature guage came on it was red. I went to shut the car off but I looked at it and it was gone. Iput it in the garage and it was smoking a little. I popped the hood and it was smoking where the master cylinder was. I figured it was where I spilled the brake fluid. I turned the key on the car and the E73 light was on. I keep getting that in my codes and I keep erasing it. What does this code mean and what do I need to do to fix it. Back to the brakes. I looked down at the left rear and fluid was all over the ground not sure what it is until I look at it. I am letting it cool down. Any suggestions for the code. Thanks.

Thursday, June 21st, 2012 AT 5:11 PM

DOCFIXIT

E73 will set if sensor registers large change ie. Engine running hot. Suspect wheel cylinder blew out where shoes adj up to drum?

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Thursday, June 21st, 2012 AT 5:29 PM
SEAN03

Yeap The drum was stuck so I took a rubber mallet and beated it off. When the drum came off the wheel cylinder on one of the sides the rubber came off and the cylinder was sticking out so I put it back together and I will try it again. As for the E73 I have been doing alot of research on it and this is what it says it is the Intermittent Coolant Sensor could this be the problem. I will trust you with either decesion and because you are an expert. Thanks.

Thursday, June 21st, 2012 AT 7:14 PM
DOCFIXIT

Yes it maybe temp sensor or wiring but if it got hot would find reason repair clear code and see if it resets

Thursday, June 21st, 2012 AT 8:13 PM
SEAN03

Ok I cleared the code and added some water to the resivore and the radiator. I started it and It sucked it down so I added more and npow it is doing fine. I noticed a leak in the radiator fin. It is leaking out. What can I do for a tempo fix. Thanks.

Thursday, June 21st, 2012 AT 11:26 PM
DOCFIXIT

Try tube of AluminSeal

Friday, June 22nd, 2012 AT 9:02 PM