I JUMPED MY VAN BUT MESSED UP AND CROSSED THE ...

1991 Toyota Previa

Anonymous

October, 23, 2012 AT 3:18 AM

I jumped my van, but messed up and crossed the cables and ended up with reverse polarity that blew the 100Amp fuse on the battery. I replaced the fuse and checked all the other ignition related fused in the dash. Tried to start the car but now it just cranks over and won't fire. Am I missing something that may still need replaced because of the Reverse polarity mistake?

1989omni

October, 23, 2012 AT 4:03 AM

Also, that 100amp fuse required me to take out two screws, one on each side in order to remove it. On one side there was a white wire connected to the screw. Was there only one wire or did I miss a second when I reattached it? Just checking. The van is at my work place so I can't check right now.

October, 23, 2012 AT 5:15 PM

One wire for each screw. There could be other fuses that are blown and check all ground circuits. At underhood fuse box, use a DVOM to test all fuses for battery voltage.

1989omni

October, 23, 2012 AT 9:52 PM

Got it, if was the EFI fuse. The only one I didn't check. Thanks a bunch. EFI=Electronic Fuel Ignition, I guess that makes a lot of sense. Thanks again for your help.

October, 24, 2012 AT 12:50 PM

You're welcome.
Glad to know you have fixed the problem.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test