MY WONT START THERE IS NO SPARK AND THE CHECK ENGINE WONT COME ON.

1991 Toyota MR2

necaxa97

May, 7, 2012 AT 8:22 PM

Hi. I took my mr2 to get smoged I knew it may not pass cuz of the jdm engine s witch, the mechanic said
It did not match the body so he could not work on it, but my car would not start anymore he swears that he did nothing to it other than run a spark wire test I made the mistake of towing it home now my car wont work I have tried everything from distributor to harnes spark plugs and I still have nothing there is no spark at all and the check engine wont come on at all. Please help im really upset about this.

May, 7, 2012 AT 8:37 PM

Check and test all the fuses, test the coil, distributor pick up coil and also have the ignitor checked-

necaxa97

May, 7, 2012 AT 9:16 PM

I have checked all of that and nothing sims to work. Replaced coil and distributor.

May, 7, 2012 AT 9:24 PM

Time to have the computer checked and tested

necaxa97

May, 7, 2012 AT 9:36 PM

Believe it or not I replaced that too. My friend has an mr2 and have been switching parts but still no asnwer.

May, 8, 2012 AT 12:13 AM

Start with a compression test. Start at basics. Check for fuel delivery and then check for spark.

Ignition System Test Guide
Ignition Coil System Test Repair - All Cars
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet