WHERE DO THESE HOOK UP TO?

1991 Toyota Celica

maryrichards

August, 30, 2012 AT 9:48 AM

Can you tell me where the following sensors etc. Get wired to: the cold start injector- I bought the piggytail connector but it has 2 white wires that I cant figue out where to hook them up to? Also, the oil switch, the coolant temp sensor, and the temperature sending unit (single blade terminal- makes the temp guage work)all get wired to somewhere but I cant figure it out. Its on a 91 celica gts with 5sfe engine. Thanks!

August, 30, 2012 AT 12:04 PM

Why do you want to hook up these things when you do not know where they are located?

What is the problem you are facing?
Hope the diagram is helpful.

ECT is on coolant outlet flange.
Temperature sending unit is on end of cylinder head.
Oil pressure sending unit is on left side of engine, near oil filter.

maryrichards

August, 30, 2012 AT 4:16 PM

I have them installed already, so I know where they are located, but where does the wiring from the sensor terminals hook to? My car was stolen and really was messed with under the hood. Ive replaced: igniter, vavlve cover gasket and tube seals, timing belt, cam shaft seal, thermostat, coolant temp sensor, temp sending unit, cold start injector piggytail, spark plugs, wires, dist cap, rotor, radiator, and radiator hose. Finally it runs but 1st gear is weird- it is as if you are starting out in 2nd when you are in 1st. You have to get a run at a hill and it lags and barely goes in 1st, but shifting in the other gears seems fine. Thought it was the clutch and bought one, but a mechanic friend said its power related. So, with the sensors, vacuum hoses etc needing hooked up and routed properly, thats what ive been concentrating on, hoping it will eliminate the problem. Also, the idle revs up and down constantly. Any ideas?

August, 30, 2012 AT 5:52 PM

You would need a complete wiring schematics and understand the wire colors to be able to rewire the system.

If you can get the wireharness, that would make things easier.

Coolant Temperature Sender Replacement