CAN I PUT A 1992 HEAD ON A SX SALOON DOHC 16 VALVE

1991 Mitsubishi Lancer

whaitz1963

August, 30, 2012 AT 10:24 AM

On the rear of the cam (right-hand side) it has a lobe or some sought of dizzy. 1991 Mitsu has 4 wires on the harness that plugs into the back of lobe (or dizzy) on the camshaft.1992 Mitsu has a wire harness also but has 2 screws (unsure if these can be unscrewed to pull wires free).

I "doctored" the 1992 Mitsu harness to fit the 1991 harness, tried to match the wiring for timing but found it would not start.

Camshafts are timed to marks and so are the crank and balance shaft. All other electricals are connected, car turns over but refuses to start - it seems like it wants to turn over but doesnt.

Whats wrong with this picture? Finding it really hard to find repair manual for this stressful vehicle but dont want to give up on it just yet.

whaitz1963

August, 30, 2012 AT 10:34 AM

Sorry, I meant to say. Car turns over but refuses to start - it seems like it wants to start but doesnt.

Jacobandnickolas

August, 30, 2012 AT 4:04 PM

We only recommend direct fit parts

Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma