CARBURETOR ADJUSTMENT AND VACUUM LINES LOCATION

1996 Mitsubishi Lancer

haroldbilly

July, 22, 2011 AT 9:06 PM

i have a 1996 lancer with a 4G15 engine that carries the Asian carburetor(variable venturi). No matter what I try I cant get it to stop running on after I turn off the ignition sometimes.I have bought a new carburetor and the same thing is happening, I have adjusted it to the specs I downloaded but it is still running on some times then it hard starts rite after. It is also burning to much gas. When it is cold it starts fine also sometimes when it is hot, I have check the float level even adjust the ignition timing. Can anyone help me with this running on problem or forward me any info also im not sure where the vacuum line for the distributor goes. Im also having a little adjusting the cold start compensator

fixitmr

October, 21, 2011 AT 9:13 PM

In order for an engine to run on, it has to be getting air thru the intake. No air, cant run. The butterfly must be completely shut, not even the slightest gap. Or any other way around (bypass)it for air to enter intake.

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right