MY CAR WON'T START NOW - REV COUNT DROPPED TO ZERO, NOW IT WON'T FIRE

1991 Mazda MX5

Rebecca.Donnellan

September, 7, 2012 AT 4:16 PM

Help! My poor little car just died while driving home on the motorway last night! Rev count dropped to zero yet the car was technically still on - I turned it off, then tried to turn the car back on and it's turns over, but won't fire : (

September, 7, 2012 AT 4:34 PM

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

You need to find out what is missing causing the non-starting.

Rebecca.Donnellan

September, 7, 2012 AT 4:34 PM

I know next to nothing about cars - basically I'm trying to prepare myself for the worst for when I get it to a mechanic, so that when/if he tells me its going to cost an arm and a leg, I'm not going to embarrass us both by crying in his workshop! What could be the likely cause? (No point in trying to tell me how to fix it, haha! I wouldn't have the first clue!)

I filled her right up the day before - So before you ask me (like my insurance company did - argh) petrol is a-plenty!

Thanks and apologies in advance - being so clueless when it comes to cars is definitely not a good thing.

Rebecca.Donnellan

September, 7, 2012 AT 4:38 PM

Thanks for replying - as soon as daylight comes in my side of the world I'll check fuses. As for the rest of it, I wouldn't have a clue where to start!

September, 7, 2012 AT 4:39 PM

Without any idea what could be wrong, the possibilities are too long to list so if one opinion you get seems to be too expensive, get a second one.

You can let us know what the mechanic says and we advise on the type of work required.

Rebecca.Donnellan

September, 7, 2012 AT 4:48 PM

That would be great - thank you for your help. When I get told what it is + the cost, and on the proviso that I don't have a heart attack, I'll definitely take you up on that!

(Sorry for wasting your time with absolutely no info either!)

September, 7, 2012 AT 4:53 PM

You're are welcome and don't worry about asking questions.

That is what we are here for.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement