INSTALLING HEATER HOSES

1991 Holden Commodore

thylacoleo

March, 25, 2012 AT 3:02 AM

I have a vp Commodore S/Wagon 1991 model and the heater core is stuffed. How do I stretch the heater hose so as I can get it to go over the heater pipe?

Heat leaking into interior of the car, removed heater and cannot get the hose to go over the heater pipes, how can I streach the hose so as to get it to slide far enough onto the pipes?

DrCranknWrench

March, 25, 2012 AT 4:17 AM

You can try getting some Silicone Spray. You can also make sure you do it where the hose can be warm so it is maliable.

thylacoleo

March, 25, 2012 AT 9:43 PM

Thanks, where would I buy the silicone sprea from and would I be able to use a small amount of Vaseline actual rubber hose end or the pipe?

mhpautos

March, 26, 2012 AT 9:46 AM

Sounds as if the wrong hose is being used, check that the correct dia hose is being used, you can get full hose kits at Repco, Bursons and other larger retailers, these are great value.

Wrenchtech

March, 26, 2012 AT 9:58 AM

The heater core has 2 different size pipes and you need to use an adapter to bypass them.

thylacoleo

March, 26, 2012 AT 10:23 PM

Thank you to those who have answered my Q so far. I also have the problem where someone has on the past cut the pipes comming thru the fire wall and just cut the pipes from the heater core and put hose onbetween the 2 ends. So I am unable to get the 2 origional pipes out from the firewall, Are they attached by a screw to the firewall under the dash somewhere? Thank's

Wrenchtech

March, 26, 2012 AT 10:34 PM

You're not going to get those pipes out. They are part of the heater core and there is no reason to if you are just bypassing the core. It's the hoses from the engine that need to be connected together.

mhpautos

March, 27, 2012 AT 6:30 AM

Just loop the heater hoses you can get a joiner at any parts outlet.

Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe