I HAVE A 1991 FORD AEROSTAR AUTOMATIC

1991 Ford Aerostar

Dropdeaddani69

March, 2, 2013 AT 5:59 PM

I have a 1991 ford aerostar automatic. 3.0 liter v6. Recently a noise has been coming from the inside middle of the engine compartment. It's a constant spinning noise. Sounds like a loose bearing. As soon as the car starts the noise starts. If I get lucky it starts to fade as I'm driving. I've been told it's the distributor but doesn't sound right. Help?

March, 2, 2013 AT 6:00 PM

Get a second opinion if you dont beleive the shop. We cannot tell from here as we cannot hear it or touch it.

I would start by removing the belts and start it to see if it is still there

Dropdeaddani69

March, 2, 2013 AT 6:06 PM

The mechanic had supposedly sent the distributor to get fixes to fix the noise. It obviously was not that. I also failed to ask that since the noise starting showing up my car only starts when it's cold. When it gets warmed up it no longer wants to. Is it possible that's related

March, 2, 2013 AT 6:07 PM

Possible but at this point I wish I could hear it and help you.

I would still do the belt check

Dropdeaddani69

March, 2, 2013 AT 6:12 PM

I tightened the belts because it seemed loose and that didn't help. I understand your dilemma thou. I've been literally robbed a grand trying to fix my car and the mechanic seems like he is just guessing.

March, 2, 2013 AT 6:21 PM

Once again, remove the belts and start the car to see if the noise is still there.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz